eMail LvdW
eMail AvB

Batterie Lindemann

In the German archives known as Stp 107, Neuss.
Armament: 3 x 40,6 cm C/34. At first the guns were placed in the Baltic area, at Héla near Danzig. Mid 1941 German High Naval Command decided to place the guns at Sangatte. The new battery was called Grossdeutschland, later renamed to Lindemann. This was in honor of the captain of the battleship Bismarck. All the gun casemates are now hidden beneath tons of debris coming from the Channel tunnel.
Udo Filz sent us his pictures from June 1986. Many thanks for that.

(Picture Henk Adriaanse)