eMail LvdW
eMail AvB


In the autumn of 1943, 818 MFlA was transferred to Hela, Gotenhafen and this caused a major reorganisation. Batteries were relocated and early sites were abandoned.

The airdefence was in 1944 directed by IV MarineFlakbrigade which had the following Marine Flak Abteilungen: 704, 708, 806, 807, 817. MFlA 708 was stationed on Île d' Groix.

In total 95 heavy anti aircraft guns were operational in the Festung Lorient.
That's more than in St Nazaire.

One of so many.