The actual headquarters is located in a valley just north of Margival mainly along the railway. It consists of 23 main buildings and a several other supporting buildings and Regelbauten. Some of them, like the Fürherbunker, comprise of a big main bunker with 3,5 meter thick walls, surrounded by daytime offices with 0,75 m thick walls and windows. After the war the bunkers were reused by the French army, then from 1955-1968 by NATO as a command center and later the area became the training grounds for French commandos. During the 1990s it was abandoned and only guarded. Since 2009, a local group has cleaned up some bunkers and gives tours from time to time.
Map of the area with the FQH area highlighted and the biggest bunkers marked.