eMail LvdW
eMail AvB


Fort des Dunes near Leffrinckoucke was built around 1880 and saw some action in the Great war and World War Two. A French military cemetery near the fort reminds of some terrible Stuka bombings of the fort in May 1940. During the occupation the fort was named Stp Dahlie by the Germans. Several Tobruks and small bunkers, a Würzburg base and a 680 were built on the terrain. In september 1944, six French resistance fighters were executed in the ditch. The fort can be visited in July and August. A second 680 was built north of the fort. It covers the dunes to the north-west. This Wn was called Klein-Dahlie.

The military cemetery opposite Fort des Dunes.