eMail LvdW
eMail AvB

UBB Fink II

The U-boat bunker was constructed from 1940 untill 1942. In the end there were 5 wet boxes for each two submarines. The total dimensions were 150 by 200 meters. In March and April 1945 the facility was bombed and the roof was partly destroyed. Over 55 persons died, most of them were civilian slave workers. The bunker was blown up in 1945 and in 1973 the remains were buried. In 2002 the runway for the Airbus project was constructed and some parts of the basement came into the open. The site is since 2006 in the state as we present it. There is an information panel present.

Although there are only remains of the walls ..

.. the dimensions are still impressive.

Here are some details of the first box.