This needle stands at the entrance of the cemetery.
There was a second Russian cemetery nearby. During the reign of the GDR at first the red stones with the names were placed on this cemetery. In 2008 the human remains followed.
The soldiers here have grave stones, sometimes in a double grave.
It must be the first time we visited a Russian war cemetery.
The information panel oversees the battlefield.
This statue was placed in November 1945. It memorizes all Russian victims in the war against Germany. The text (Helmut Preissler) was placed in 1977 and honours the soldiers that gave their life for liberating Germany from fascism.