eMailLvdW
eMail AvB

Dutch fort

The fort which was built by the Dutch between 1882 and 1890 defended the 'Noordzeekanaal', which was completed in 1876. This canal was a new 'entrance' to the harbours of Amsterdam and thus strategically important. It was used by the Germans. Some of the bunkers are connected to the fort with tunnels.

Part of the pantsergallery where five 15cm guns were mounted.

One of the M 170s on the left.

Inside. This room was the cantine and the place where movies or acts were shown.