eMailLvdW
eMail AvB

24 cm C/97 (h)

Four Dutch guns were originaly placed on the coastal battleships "Jacob van Heemskerck" (1906) and "Hertog Hendrik" (1902). It was an old and slow firing gun and the Dutch planned one removed gun of the "Hertog Hendrik" on the fortress of IJmuiden, but did not effectuate the plan. The German occupants did however place the three remaining guns in special constructed bunkers on the southern bank of the main entrance to Rotterdam harbour. One gun had technical difficulties from the start and its bunker was used as an extra ammunition storage.

Battery Location Turrets Bunkertype Remarks
Brandenburg Hoek van Holland, Holland 3-1 Sk 2 operational